Today’s recipe of Chiapudding Apple Crumble Parfait is brought to us by the talented nourishmybliss
Fall is approaching us rather quickly – and brings so much coziness back into our lives! I mean, who doesn’t love to cuddle up with a cup of hot chocolate, a warm chai tea, light some scented candles, eat pumpkin pie, take long walks in the forest and watch colourful leaves fall onto the ground one by one.
Not to mention apple season, which means unlimited baked apple and other delicious but healthy treats. Like this one: A parfait made with chiapudding, baked apple chunks and crumble, topped off with some vanilla cashew cream. Perfect as a snack, dessert or even breakfast – because the chia seeds and the oats will keep you satiated and happy for hours! Let’s get started, shall we?
Serves 4 (small jars)
For the chiapudding:
- Tbs of chia seeds
- 1 cup of plant milk (for example rice coconut)
For the apple & crumble layers:
- 2 apples
- 1 tbs of cinnamon
- Pinch of vanilla
- 1 Tbs of lemon juice
- 120g oat flour (you can make your own by grinding rolled oats in your blender) – 20g steel cut oats
- 50g coconut sugar
- 40g melted coconut oil
For the vanilla cashew cream:
For the toppings:
- optional: raisins, dates,…
- Start by making the chiapudding. Mix the chia seeds with the cup of plantmilk, stir until well combined and set aside – the chia seeds will soak up the fluids and you will be left with a gel-like consistency.
- Cut the apples in cubes, add the vanilla, lemon juice and cinnamon and combine until all the apple chunks are coated. Spread onto one half of your baking tray.
- To make the crumble, mix the oat flour, rolled oats, coconut oil and coconut sugar in a bowl and combine with your hands. Form little clusters by squeezing the dough and distribute on the other half of your baking tray.
- Bake the apples and the crumble mixture for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown – at 175°C. Let cool before assembling.
- Start layering your parfaits as you like. My first layer was some cashew cream, then chiapudding, apples, crumble, more chiapudding, more apples and more crumble. I topped it off with cashew cream and chopped pecans. Add more toppings if you like.