Today’s recipe of Apple & Carrot Rolls is healthy, nutritious, vegan friendly and is brought to us by karibikfruechtchen
These spicy, sweet, moist and guilt free “Apple- Carrot Rolls” are the perfect treat to start off your day, bring to a picnic, or keep you going throughout a busy day. While they fill up your energy levels and pump all the good stuff, like carbs, healthy fats and fiber through your body they will also put a big smile on your face too. As I like to say A Healthy body equals a healthy mind.
Preparation time: about 25 minutes (makes approximately 16-18 rolls)
- 500g whole meal flour
- 7g baking powder
- 7g dry yeast
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 250ml lukewarm plant milk
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1tsp coconut oil (liquid)
- Liquid sweetener (like stevia drops, agave syrup)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C two- sided- heat.
- For the dough combine the wet and the dry ingredients in two separate bowls.
- Then add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix/ knead into a solid dough. Cover the dough with a wet kitchen towel and set aside.
- For the filling combine the carrots, apples and the agave syrup and afterwards mix in thespices and raisins.
- Then cut it lengthwise into 8 stripes and roll them into rolls. Lastly cut each roll into two.
- Place the dough rolls onto a lined baking tray and bake them for about 30 minutes.
Article written by and all photos are copyright of karibikfruechtchen