Today’s viking inspired carrot cake is brought to us by french chef sodelices
Who said that a Viking can not be sweet and strong?
Anyone who has visited Scandinavia will know that liquorice is extremely popular, which is why I have added some of Tea and the gang’s the Viking liquorice digestif puerh tea into this carrot inspired cake. Another really popular ingredient is the Christmas themed pepperkake (Spiced gingerbread) biscuits and they make for a great ginger flavour.
I hope you enjoy this Scandinavian inspired recipe as much as I did making it.
- Pour your carrots in your juice press.
- Add the carrot juice with the eggs in a blender and blend it for at least 5 minutes.
- Melt your butter and pour your tea bag on it. Let it cool minimum 1hr, (the best is one night )
- In your carrots juice add your butter without your tea bag.
- In a big bowl, mix flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Pour the carrot-egg-butter puree in the middle of your dry ingredients mixture.