It may not be Shrove Tuesday but do not let that be an excuse for not trying today’s recipe of Vegan pancakes from plantlovinflo
There is nothing better than a fluffy stack of pancakes on a drizzly Sunday morning. Tucking into these, drenched in maple syrup, will instantly make you feel better.
You might not think that a vegan version would taste as good as your average plateful of butter american style pancakes, but honestly you couldn’t be more wrong. These are not only quick to make, but they require minimal effort and ingredients and the best part? They taste heavenly.
- One cup of flour. (I use buckwheat or chickpea flour)
- A ripe mashed banana.
- Half, or 1 cup of plant-based milk. (I use almond milk)
- Optional add-ins: a tsp vanilla extract and 1 large tablespoon of vegan protein powder.
1. Add your wet ingredients into one bowl and combine. Add your dry ingredients into another bowl and combine. Mix the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
2. Heat a pan with a little coconut oil until hot. Then reduce to a low heat. Add a 1/4 cup of mixture to the pan and spread it out evenly.
3. Your pancake will be ready to flip when little bubbles form and then pop. Cook on the other side until ready. It will take a few minutes.
4. Repeat with the rest of your mixture and serve on a plate. Then add your toppings – I added another sliced banana, a passionfruit, a drizzle of maple syrup, some white (vegan!) chocolate and a few sliced strawberries.
5. Bon Appétit!
Vegan pancakes article written by plantlovinflo
All photos are copyright of plantlovinflo