Today’s summer breakfast banana split recipe is brought to us by katalysthealth
I’ve always had a thing for banana splits. A fresh banana stuffed with ice cream, drizzled in chocolate sauce and topped with whipped cream – what’s not to love? My thing for banana splits turned into an all out obsession recently when I found myself craving one for breakfast. What’s a girl to do when she’s craving a banana split at 8am? Make one of course – breakfast style!
The banana stays the same as in a traditional banana split, however the ice cream gets replaced with vanilla Greek yogurt and instead of sprinkles and whipped cream this Breakfast banana Split is topped with fresh strawberries, granola and mini chocolate chips. Yes – chocolate for breakfast!
This Breakfast banana Split is so easy to throw together and makes for a delicious (and nutritious!) breakfast. Full of muscle-building protein and complex carbohydrates, this is one healthy breakfast you won’t have any trouble getting up for!
- 1 banana, split lengthwise
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup granola [homemade or store-bought]
- 4 large strawberries, diced
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- Lay the banana halves on a plate. Add the yogurt to the middle of the banana.
- Sprinkle on the granola, chopped strawberries and mini chocolate chips.
Article written by and all photos are copyright of katalysthealth