Today’s super healthy vegan dessert is a no-bake vegan avocado lime cake, with berries and is brought to us by caudesucre
It can get very tricky sometimes in writing a sweet blog and creating healthy recipes, while keeping your calories on track, but it is not impossible! There are many small things you can adjust to make your recipes healthier, take this one for example. It is without any refined sugar and is fully made of cereals and fruits. I have also decided to make it vegan since making vegan cakes can be really complicated sometimes and I confess that I have never tried it before.
You might be thinking: Avocado is such a weird fruit to put in a cake. I agree, but you must try it and you will realise it is great. The combination of lime and berries with the avocado is so good that you will immediately fall in love with it!
- 60g roasted chopped almond
- 100g Vegan white chocolate (use normal if you are not vegan)
- 30g oatmeal
- 10g Agar-agar powder (use gelatine if you are not vegan)
- 3 -4 ripe avocados
- 80 ml fresh squeezed lime juice
- Grated zest of 3 organic limes
- 150g agave syrup
- 400g Soya yogurt (use normal plain yogurt if you are not vegan)
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a water bath and mix with the oatmeal and the chopped almond. Cover the base of a round pan of about 18cm diameter by pressing lightly with a spoon and let to cool in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- To prepare the cream, weigh about 800 g of the avocado flesh and put it in a bowl or in the blender. Add the lime juice, yogurt and the agave syrup and blend everything well until you get a thin puree. Incorporate lime zest and mix.
- Dissolve the agar-agar powder in two tablespoons of water. Heat in the microwave for 10 seconds. Add the liquid to the cream and mix until it is evenly distributed.
- Pour the cream into the pan and let it chill for a minimum of 3 hours, best if you leave it overnight.
NOTE: It is advisable to consume the cake the same day as it oxidizes very quickly.
No-bake Vegan Avocado Lime Cake article written by and all photos are copyright of caudesucre