Today’s summer recipe of La Chica Green Tea and Raspberry sorbet is brought to us by karibikfruechtchen
It`s getting warmer outside and summer has finally arrived. Even though I personality enjoy the beautiful weather and the sun, a warm sunny, summer day can actually be really exhausting.
Whether because one spent the whole day near the water, or had to stand in the stagnant air at work, or perhaps even spent the day in the city with huge crowds of people commuting in extreme heat.
Drinking a hot coffee, or hot tea as a little pick me up isn’t the ideal solution at such high temperatures. But who says you can’t change that and transform green tea into an icy and healthy snack? Green tea does not only taste amazing but comes with some great health benefits as well.
The caffeine that green tea contains unfolds it’s effect slowly and therefore you will benefit much longer from it than you would when drinking coffee for example. Furthermore green tea is a pure form of tea and keeps all of it’s beneficial ingredients such as antioxidants. In combination with the powerful fruit of raspberry this makes for an amazing sorbet, that not only tastes delicious and fresh but is really good for your body as well.
Preparation time: 10 minutes (+1 hour resting time in the freezer)
- 40g coconut cream (the solid part of canned full fat coconut milk)
- 3 tsp agave syrup
- 3 cups frozen raspberries
- 2 premium teabags of LA CHICA LEMON AND LIME GREEN TEA
- Pour 50 ml hot (not boiling) water over the tea and let it infuse for 3 minutes. Let the tea cool down.
- In a small cup mix together the coconut cream and the syrup until smooth.
- In your food processor crush the raspberries for about 1 minute and then add the liquid ingredients (cream mixture and tea).
- Mix for about 5 minutes until really smooth and slightly shiny.
- Pour the mixture into a container and place it in the freezer for about 1-2 hours.
- Scoop out the sorbet and enjoy this healthy and absolutely delightful treat.
- You can store sorbet in the freezer but have to defrost it for about 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy on a hot sunny day!
Article written by and all photos are copyright of karibikfruechtchen