Today’s Hipster inspired summer recipe of Raspberry & Mint Nice Cream is brought to us by the creative foodieroomie.
Hot summer days call for.. ice cream! Surprisingly, this recipe is even suitable for hot summer mornings. Nice cream is short for banana ice cream, frozen bananas blended up into soft serve. Making some nice cream is easy, fast and incredibly satisfying. Here’s a fact: there’s no need to feel guilty while enjoying your ice cream anymore!
Just like smoothies, nice cream comes in different flavors. Some people add dairy products, some add coconut water and there are also some people who don’t add anything at all. On the other hand, my version of nice cream contains iced tea.
- 2 medium ripe bananas (peeled, thickly sliced and frozen)
- 1/2 cup ice cold strongly brewed Raspberry and Mint Herbal Tea from Tea and the gang
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preparation time: 5 min / Total time: overnight + 10 min
- First of all, you need a strong blender or food processor.
- Brew the tea and let it cool down before you put it in the fridge overnight (I used 2 bags of tea for 1 cup of boiled water). Before using, let the tea stand in the freezer for 5 minutes.
3. To make the nice cream, put all of the ingredients in the blender and mix until it’s smooth. It might take some effort to get a smooth mixture, but don’t overmix: this will cause the nice cream to melt.
4. Serve your bowl of nice cream with some fresh fruits and most importantly, enjoy!
- Kcal: 286.5
- Carbohydrates: 69.4 g
- Dietary fibers: 14.3 g
- Sugars: 34.3 g
- Fat: 1.6 g
- Protein: 4.1 g
Article written by and all photos are copyright of foodieroomie