Today’s amazing La Chica inspired recipe of Lemon cake is brought to us by the talented alicebakery
I never thought that baking pastries could become such a passion when I originally took it up as a part time hobby. What I like the most about making cakes is letting the creativity flow through my mind, while creating the designs; I get to think of the flavors: chocolate, lemon, vanilla …; Think of covering it with ganache, buttercream, fondant … And above all and most importantly, think about who it is directed towards. Personalize and make it unique and special.
All this led me to want to portray my creations in photographs and highlight the beauty of confectionery. It was at that moment that I discovered my passion for photography. It brings me great pleasure when I make a dessert to think about how my photographic composition could be expressed. What elements I use, how are they placed, natural light … It is important to keep all these factors in mind if you want a good result in your photographs.
The recipe that I present below is a simple recipe, both tasty and fluffy. This cake is able to be prepared at any time to be enjoyed with family or friends. Tea is the ingredient that will give it a special touch and make it irresistible.
We all know that tea is one of the drinks that brings great benefits to our bodies. Among some of the properties that are attributed to it are: antioxidants, good for weight loss, diuretic or even reduced cholesterol. And what better choice to take advantage of these properties and experience new flavors in our desserts by adding tea as one of the ingredients.
Now, I will share this sweet and delicious recipe that you will surely love.
- 175 gr. of butter
- 175 gr. of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 175 gr. Of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 100 ml of milk
- 2 grated lemon rind
- 2 bags of La Chica – Lemon and Lime Green Tea
- 150 gr. of sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Grease the mold that is used for the cake with butter.
- Heat the milk with the two tea bags (while stirring) and bring to a boil. Remove the sachets and let the milk cool.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt, then set aside for later use.
- Beat butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs one by one and beat at low speed.
- Add the zest of the two lemons.
- Add the flour, that we set aside earlier, alternating it with the milk that we have previously boiled.
- Pour the mixture into the mold and smooth the surface.
9. Bake between 40 and 45 minutes, until when you pierce it with a skewer it comes out completely clean
10. Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes inside the mold; then, unmold and let cool on a rack.
If you want to add a glaze to your cake mix, combine the sugar with the lemon juice and pour it on the cake while it is still warm.
And now, Enjoy it!
Finally, if you make this recipe you can share it on Instagram using the hashtag #AliceBakeryRecipes and tagging @alicebakery.
Article written by and all photos are copyright of alicebakery
- Website: alice-bakery.com/
- Instagram: @alicebakery
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alicebakeryes
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AliceBakery_es
- Pinterest: https://pinterest.com/alicebakery_es/