Today’s Santa’s babe inspired tea is brought to us by the awesome food blogger and mum of three maryles_plantry
Time flies when you’re having fun. Isn’t that the saying? Well I certainly had loads of fun this year making all sorts of raw vegan cheesecakes. And here we are, the year is coming to an end, its nearly Christmas and I haven’t created a single Christmassy recipe!
Well thats about to change!
I recently tried the Santa’s babe Pepperkake Rooibos tea by Tea and the Gang and totally fell in love with it. It is so so flavoursome and that bit of spicy that I just cant stop drinking it.
So I decided to put it in my cake. It came out so delicious (if I may say so myself) that I couldn’t believe it. So here it is. The Raw Vegan Gingerbread Cheesecake:
For the base:
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 2 1/2 tbsp smooth or chunky what ever your preference peanutbutter
- 2 1/2 tbsp caramel sauce (vegan), bought or homemade
- 1 tsp cinammon
For the Cheesecake filling:
- 2 cups cashews, soaked in hot water overnight
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1/2 cup cocnut oil, melted (I use a neutral flavour, because coconut oil can overpower any other taste)
- 1 tsp ground cinammon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 2 teabags of ‘Santas Babe’ Pepperkake Rooibos tea
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- Star anise
- Red peppercorns
- Cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp melted dark chocolate
Article written by and all photos are copyright of maryles_plantry