Today the talented delight.fuel returns to bring us the The Butler – Earl Grey Cinnamon Stars.
At Christmas time you will always find me in the kitchen, baking 24/7. I love this time of the year because I can get creative and bake some delicious Christmas cookies. I also love to enjoy cookies with hot black tea so I thought I’d combine those two this year and create a recipe with the Butler tea which adds this amazing flavor of bergamot to the cookies. These cookies are gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. So here it is. Earl Grey Cinnamon Stars:
- 60 g buckwheat
- 20 g roasted sunflower seeds
- 170 g roasted almonds (ground)
- 1 egg
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp of steamed The Butler Earl Grey tea
- 2 tsp of The Butler Earl Grey tea (finely chopped or ground)
- 50 g coconut sugar
- 25 g tapioca flour
- 40 g brown rice flour
- 50 g maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp water
- 150 xylitol powdered sugar
- Prepare a cup of earl grey tea.
- Preheat the oven to 150 C.
- Ground buckwheat, earl grey and sunflower seeds in a blender. The buckwheat can still have a bit of a bite to it. Add cinnamon, tapioca flour, brown rice flour, baking powder, coconut sugar and ground almonds and mix well.
- In a different bowl mix one egg, maple syrup and earl grey tea together and add that to the dry mixture. Knead dough to a sticky ball. If it is too wet and sticky add some tapioca until you get the right consistency. Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes.
5. Roll dough between two sheets of wax paper using a rolling pin and some extra tapioca flour to make the cutting easier. Roll dough out to around 5 mm and begin cutting out the cookies with whatever cookie cutter you prefer to use.
6. Transfer cookies to the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for about 13-15 minutes. The cookies will get crispy once cooled down.
Mix the xylitol sugar with lemon juice and water and glaze cookies for some extra sweetness.
7. Enjoy with a lovely cup of tea!
The Butler – Earl Grey Cinnamon Stars article written by and all photos are copyright of delight.fuel