Today alicebakery returns to bring us this beautiful ‘The Hawaiian’ – Piña Colada Hummingbird cake recipe.
Here we go again 🙂 I feel very lucky to be able to make another new recipe for Tea and the Gang. This time I have created a delicious cake made with fruit, coconut and pineapple tea, filled with cream cheese.
I promise you that as soon as you try this, you won’t be able to resist eating more and more. The combination of fruits and tea give it a special touch and will make you fall in love, you will want to bake this cake over and over again. This really is the ideal cake for special occasions.
- 2 large eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g brown sugar, plus extra for greasing
- 125 g sunflower oil
- 225 g flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 50 g ground pecans nuts
- 50 g grated coconut
- 2 ground tea bags of The Hawaiian – Piña Colada Black Tea
- 155 g natural pineapple
- 3 medium bananas
- 4 spoons icing sugar
- 250 g cream (very cold)
- 100 g cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Grease one 20cm round cake tin.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, ground hawaiian tea and cinnamon into a mixing bowl, then add the sugar, brown sugar, grated coconut, and the sea salt.
- Peel the bananas and mash them up with a fork in another bowl. Finely chop the pineapple and add to the bananas with the sunflower oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until combined, then fold into the dry mixture until smooth.
- Finely chop the pecans and gently fold in, then add the batter into the round cake tin. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until risen, golden and the sponges spring back when touched lightly in the canter.
- Leave to cool for 10-15 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
7. To make the icing, sift the icing sugar into a free-standing electric mixer, add the cream cheese and beat until just smooth. Keep in the fridge until needed.
8. Then, add the cream into a mixing bowl and whip it. Once the cream is whipped add the cream cheese and mix with a spatula until you get a homogeneous cream.
9. To assemble the cake, divide the cake in two sponges. Place one sponge on a cake stand and spread with half the icing. Top with the other sponge, spread over the rest of the icing.
10. Finally, decorate the cake with pineapple and pecans on the top.
11. Enjoy with a lovely cup of tea!
Article written by and all photos are copyright of alicebakery
- Website: alice-bakery.com/
- Instagram: @alicebakery
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alicebakeryes
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AliceBakery_es
- Pinterest: https://pinterest.com/alicebakery_es/