Today’s recipe treat of baked blueberry doughnuts is brought to us by San Diego based food blogger vegan_danielle
Doughnuts are notorious for being deep fried, unhealthy, breakfast desserts. However, this recipe is a simple twist on the old time favourite! With the same amount of sweetness, and a fraction of the fat, you’ll be guilt-free when you decide to grab a second helping!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups Blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix all doughnut ingredients.
3. Spray doughnut-shaped pans with non-stick spray.
4. Pour into pans, about 3/4 full.
7. Transfer to baking racks.For Frosting:8. Place all ingredients in a sauce pan on med-high heat.
9. Allow to simmer for at least 5 minutes.
10. Transfer to a blender.
11. Pour over cooled doughnuts.
12. Enjoy with a lovely cup of Blueberry tea!