Today’s healthy post-Christmas recipe of Chocolate Orange Bliss Balls is brought to us by fithealthyhappyliving
Christmas is not only the celebration of love and peace, but also of good food and drink. Who does not know the struggle of having had too many Christmas cookies and too much mulled wine over the festive season? Well, a few extra pounds can be hidden under a XL Christmas jumper, but summer will come sooner than you think. Oops! Time to change your eating habits and get back to a healthier lifestyle.
For those of you who still do not want to go without a nice little treat every now and then, read on! The recipe for these chocolate orange bliss balls is super simple and you have delicious and healthy titbits in next to no time (minus the typical feeling of guilt). The bliss balls can easily be taken to the gym or to the office, so you will be well prepared if the sugar cravings hit you full force. It has never been so simple to outsmart your cravings without having to compromise on taste.
- ½ a cup of almonds
- ½ a cup of walnuts
- ½ a cup of buckwheat
- ½ a cup of desiccated coconut
- 40g of (vegan) chocolate protein powder (approximately 1/3 cup)
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- 2 heaped tsp. cacao powder + extra for coating
- The juice and zest of 1.5 oranges
Optional: maple syrup or other sweetener of your choice
- Blend the nuts, the buckwheat and the desiccated coconut in a high-speed blender/food processor until the mixture has a fine flour-like consistency.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Let the bliss ball mixture chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes. It should have a quite firm consistency. If it is too sticky, add buckwheat flour, if it is too firm, add some more orange juice.
5. Store the bliss balls in an airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days.
6. Enjoy! A healthy bliss ball in the one hand and a nice cup of ‘The Bandit’ Chocolate Orange tea in the other – that’s what I call a balanced lifestyle.
Article written by and all photos are copyright of fithealthyhappyliving