Today’s recipe for healthy strawberry and yogurt popsicles by inesfmamaral is the perfect way to cool down this summer.
Every year, when the summer starts to get closer and the warm days are more and more frequent, one of the first things I feel like doing is to start eating more “summer like” food. That includes all types of grilled fish with tomato salad (in Portugal that’s a summer favorite, and there’s a lot of great fish around the country), all types of really fresh drinks, and of course, all types of ice cream. To satisfy those cravings, there is nothing better than to make your own healthy popsicles at home, like this one I share with you today.
If you surf through Pinterest, even if for just five seconds, you will be able to see the infinite varieties of popsicles you can make, which are as easy as they are delicious. Not that I’ve tasted all of them, but they sure look very delicious. This recipe is a combination of cooked strawberries with balsamic vinegar and honey together with a mixture of greek yogurt and almond milk. And as for these, I can guarantee you they tasted as good as they looked! Hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups of strawberries
- 2 dessert spoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 dessert spoon of honey
- 4-6 leaves of spearmint
- ½ cup of greek yogurt (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup of almond milk (or coconut, or any other you may prefer)
- 1 tea spoon of vanilla extract
serves 6 popsicles
- Start by preparing the strawberries. Remove the leaves, wash them and cut them in half.
- Put them in a pan together with the balsamic vinegar, honey and spearmint finely chopped
- Cook for 15 minutes, or until the strawberries are cooked and the mixture has a thick texture
- Let it cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the popsicles, by mixing the yogurt, milk and vanilla extract in a bowl.
5. To assemble the popsicles, start by dividing the strawberries mixture among the six molds followed by the yogurt and milk mixture until each mold is completely full. If you prefer, you can mix the strawberries with the yogurt and then place everything in the molds.
6. Place a popsicle stick in each mold and freeze until set properly – my advice is to leave it overnight to guarantee it is just perfect to remove easily.
7. To remove from the molds, the easiest way is to place it under warm water just for a few seconds and then pull each stick carefully.