This healthy Vegan inspired recipe comes from fashion and costume designer Tina Casmose
When I became a vegetarian 10 years ago, I thought that was my only choice, but then I was introduced to a danish group called `Marts med medfølelse` (March with passion) my life soon changed and I became vegan.
My husband has never been a vegetarian or vegan but he has changed his eating habits and opened his mind to my vegan cooking. I often have to think masculine and spice everything up. I have had success with this Potato Pizza serving to my family and hope you will like it too. I love to cook with colours and really enjoy to learn by tasting all the ingredients before cooking. Feel free to make experiments with your veggies – Have fun and eat healthy.
(for 2 pizzas)
- 1 cup buckwheat flour, save 2 tbsp for dusting
- 1 1/2 cup buckwheat groats, cooked with a little more than double water. Stir occasionally, and ad more water if needed. Takes about 7 minutes. Finished results is about 2 cups
- 3 tbsp chopped herbs: coriander, parsley and mint.
- 4 tbsp flax eggs ( 4 tbsp. flaxseeds with 8 tbsp. Hot water, let it soak for 10 minutes)
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 cup grated vegan cheese ( hold back half for topping)
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup chopped cashew nuts
- 2 tsp himalaya salt
- 10 new potatoes cooked for 5 min, keep the peel on and slice it fine with a sharp knife
- 1 big handful of fresh thin sliced spinach ( hold back half for the fresh toppings)
- 1/2-1 thin sliced chilli
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1- 2 fresh red onion sliced ( hold back the half for the fresh toppings)
- himalaya salt
- rest of the spinach
- radish thin sliced
- rest of the onion rings
- pesto made of crushed garlic, olive oil, fresh or dried chopped herbs. Mix it well together. ( I used dried ramsons herbs)
- give it some extra salt if needed.
- Prepare 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Drizzle half the olive oil on the 2 baking paper, use your hands, and dust with half the saved flour (1 tbsp)
- Combine the flour, cooked buckwheat groats, spices, fresh herbs, nutrionyest, vegan cheese, nuts, sesame, salt/pepper, and flax-eggs into a bow
4. Using your hands begin to combine the ingredients until the dough sticks together easily, or until the consistency is even. You may drizzle a bit extra oil.
5. Form 2 equally sized balls, and transfer it to the baking sheets.
6. Now roll into 2 large crust, use your hands to form the crust, make it as thin as possible.
7. Bake the crusts in the oven for 10 minutes at 200 degrees
8. Take it out and add your potatoes, spinach, red pepper, chili and the vegan cheese, drizzle with a few drops of water for the cheese to melt, bake for another 25 minutes at 190-200 degrees.
9. Slice the pizza in 4 pcs. Decorate with rest of the fresh spinach, onion, radishes, salt and finish with pesto.
Article written by Tina Casmose
All photos are copyright of Tina Casmose
‘”May the light within you illuminate the world around you”