This healthy recipe of Vegan Potato crushed Pizza comes from fashion and costume designer Tina Casmose
When I became a vegetarian 10 years ago, I thought that was my only choice, but then I was introduced to a danish group called `Marts med medfølelse` (March with passion) my life soon changed and I became vegan.
My husband has never been a vegetarian or vegan but he has changed his eating habits and opened his mind to my vegan cooking. I often have to think masculine and spice everything up. We have had success with this Potato Pizza serving to my family and hope you will like it too. I love to cook with colours and really enjoy to learn by tasting all the ingredients before cooking. Feel free to make experiments with your veggies – Have fun and eat healthy.
(for 2 pizzas)
- A cup buckwheat flour, save 2 tbsp for dusting
- One and a half cups of buckwheat groats, cooked with a little more than double water. Stir occasionally, and add more water if needed. Takes about 7 minutes. Finished results is about 2 cups
- 3 tbsp chopped herbs: coriander, parsley and mint.
- 4 tbsp flax eggs ( Four tbsp of flaxseeds with 8 tbsp. Hot water, let it soak for 10 minutes)
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 cup grated vegan cheese ( hold back half for topping)
- Two tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- A cup chopped cashew nuts
- 2 tsp himalaya salt
Topping before baking:
- 10 new potatoes cooked for 5 min, keep the peel on and slice it fine with a sharp knife
- A big handful of fresh thin sliced spinach ( hold back half for the fresh toppings)
- 1/2-1 thin sliced chilli
- One red pepper sliced
- 1- 2 fresh red onion sliced ( hold back the half for the fresh toppings)
- himalaya salt
Topping raw after baking:
- Add the rest of the spinach
- radish thin sliced
- Add the rest of the onion rings
- pesto made of crushed garlic, olive oil, fresh or dried chopped herbs. Mix it well together. ( I used dried ramsons herbs)
- give it some extra salt if needed.
- Prepare 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Drizzle half the olive oil on the 2 baking paper, use your hands, and dust with half the saved flour (1 tbsp)
- Combine the flour, cooked buckwheat groats, spices, fresh herbs, nutrionyest, vegan cheese, nuts, sesame, salt/pepper, and flax-eggs into a bow.
- Using your hands begin to combine the ingredients until the dough sticks together easily, or until the consistency is even. You may drizzle a bit extra oil.
- Form 2 equally sized balls, and transfer it to the baking sheets.
- Now roll into 2 large crust, use your hands to form the crust, make it as thin as possible.
- Bake the crusts in the oven for 10 minutes at 200 degrees
- Take it out and add your potatoes, spinach, red pepper, chili and the vegan cheese, drizzle with a few drops of water for the cheese to melt, bake for another 25 minutes at 190-200 degrees.
- Slice the pizza in 4 pcs. Decorate with rest of the fresh spinach, onion, radishes, salt and finish with pesto.
- Enjoy with a lovely cup of tea
Vegan Potato crushed Pizza article written by Tina Casmose
All photos are copyright of Tina Casmose
‘”May the light within you illuminate the world around you”