Being a Scandinavian inspired tea company, one of our personal favourites is a tasty cinnamon bun. We have created this cinnamon buns recipe using our signature raw cacao based latte powder as a star ingredient.
344g all purpose flour
50g granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
180ml whole milk
45g unsalted butter
1 standard packet yeast
1 large egg
45g unsalted butter, extra softened
67g brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp Tea and the gang Jaffa Cake latte powder
150g powdered sugar
4 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Make the dough: Whisk the flour, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the milk and butter together in a heatproof bowl. Microwave or use the stove and heat until the butter has melted and the mixture is warm to the touch (43oC, no higher). Whisk in the yeast until dissolved. Pour mixture into the dry ingredients, add the egg and stir with a sturdy rubber spatula. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and knead the dough for 3 minutes. If the dough is super soft or sticky, you can add a little more flour. Place in a lightly greased bowl, cover loosely and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Fill the rolls: After 10 minutes, roll the dough out in a 36x20cm rectangle. In a small bowl combine softened butter, the latte powder and cinnamon. Spread it all over the dough and sprinkle brown sugar over the top. Roll up the dough to make a long log. Cut into 10-12 even rolls and arrange in a lightly greased 22cm cast iron, or round baking pan. Cover the pan and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 24-27 minutes, or until lightly browned at 190oC. Remove pan from the oven and place pan on a wire rack as you make the icing.
- Making Icing: Place the sugar in a medium bowl and slowly stir in the milk and vanilla, a little at a time, to make a smooth, pourable glaze.
- Ice you buns and enjoy!