Today’s Cool Caribbean inspired recipe of mini bundt ‘tea’ cakes is brought to us by veg2nonveg_kitchen
Did I mention it was a Bundt ‘tea’ cake? Yes it is! The tea flavour is infused into the cake batter, I recently tried the amazing Cool Caribbean Oolong tea (Mango, pineapple and rose flavored) from Tea and the Gang and fell in love with this flavour from the very first sip 😉 So I tried to create a new recipe using this beautiful flavo ur.
You can use any tea flavour for this recipe though, so if you fancy trying something else, it is entirely your choice.
- 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 6 tablespoons of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 tea bags of Cool Caribbean – Mango and Pineapple Oolong tea
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- ½ cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Dried rose petals (for garnish)
- ½ cup of confectionary sugar
- A drop of rose extract
- 1-2 tablespoons of milk
- Grease three 4 inch mini Bundt pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- Remove 2 tea bags of Cool Caribbean and ground it a fine powder.
- In a bowl shift all the dry ingredients together (All-purpose flour, corn starch, ground tea powder, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt)
- In another bowl mix all the wet ingredients together (Milk, sour cream, oil)
- Now combine the wet into dry ingredients little by little and mix it with the help of a wire whisk.
6. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 350 F
7. Don’t overmixes the batter, once the cake batter is well combined transfer it to the greased Bundt pans.
8. Bake the cakes on a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
9. Once the cake started to turn golden color remove it from oven to cooling rack.
10. After 5 minutes flip the cake and allow it to cool for at least 30 minutes before icing.
11. Meanwhile prepare the icing by mixing the confectionary sugar, milk and rose essence.
12. Once the cake has cooled down, top the cake with the icing.
13. Decorate the cake with dried rose petals and serve.
14. Enjoy with a lovely cup of Cool Caribbean – Mango and Pineapple Oolong tea, it is delicious hot or cold!
Article written by and all photos are copyright of veg2nonveg_kitchen