Today’s Mrs Agra inspired recipe of Crème Brûlée is brought to us by the talented carryoncooking
Crème Brûlée is a classic dessert that has no equal anywhere in the world. With its distinctive crunchy caramel crust and the creamy custard underneath Crème Brûlée makes the dreams of every sweet tooth come true. Thanks to Mrs. Agra CHAI Black Tea with its intense flavour of cinnamon, black tea and cardamom, my Chai Crème Brûlée is particularly exciting and brings you the beautiful taste of India mixed with incomparable happiness.
Prep time: 20 minutes cook time: 60 minutes
- 250 ml Heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract 150 g Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Cinnamon
- 3 Teabags of Mrs. Agra Chai tea
- 3 Egg yolks
- Preheat the oven to 130 degrees Celsius.
- Combine heavy cream, 100 g of sugar, salt, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan and boil the mixture on medium heat. Stir occasionally to ensure that the sugar dissolves.
- Take the pan off heat and put the teabags in. Set for 10 minutes.
- Separate the eggs and whisk the egg yolks until it’s smooth.
- Remove the teabags and add the egg yolks a little at a time, stirring continually until all is combined. Pour the liquid into 4 ramekins and place them in a big baking dish (e.g. Pie dish). Pour enough boiling water into the baking dish for the ramekins to be standing halfway in the water.
- Bake the crème brulee for 60 minutes until its set, but still trembling in the center.
- Remove the ramekins from the baking dish and let them cool down for about 60 minutes.
- Divide the remaining sugar equally among the 4 servings. Using a torch, melt the sugar to get a crispy browned top. Serve and enjoy!