With summer finally around the corner it is time to add some cold drinks to your lineup. We at Tea and the Gang have created the ultimate summer iced tea. Our Strawberry Champagne iced tea is the perfect indulgent treat for you or a loved one.
- 1 litre of 80 (°C) water and one cup of cold water
- 4 x The Romantic Strawberry Champagne premium whole leaf tea bags
- 1¼ Cup granulated sugar
- 8 strawberries, 5 large chopped and 3 sliced
- juice from one lemon, freshly squeezed
- lemon or strawberry slices for garnish (optional)
Instructions to make:
- Brew tea by steeping 4 x The Romantic Strawberry Champagne tea bags in 1 litre of 80 (°C) water with 1 cup of the sugar (Replace with Honey for a healthier option) for 5 minutes, or until the strength of tea is to your liking.
- While tea is steeping, place the 5 chopped strawberries with the remaining 1 cup of water and sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Let it come to a simmer and then simmer away for 10 minutes. Then strain through a fine mesh strainer, gently crushing the berries to get the juice out of them (You don’t want any pips). Let cool and add in lemon juice.
- Add strawberry mix to the steeped tea. Mix everything together nicely.
- For the ultimate show stopper, take an ice cube tray, place the remaining sliced strawberries into each container. Carefully, pour the tea mixture over the strawberries and place in freezer to freeze. Place the remaining tea in a pitcher and let it get nice and cold in the fridge.
- When the tea is lovely and cold and the ice cubes are frozen, pop out the ice cubes, add to a glass with lemon slices (optional) and pour in the tea. Serve and enjoy!
For a more healthy alternative use honey instead of sugar and skip instructions 2 and 3 and dilute with cold water.
Do you fancy recreating this Strawberry Champagne Iced Tea recipe at home? If so you can shop our Strawberry Champagne white tea – The Romantic in our online store today.