Today’s vegan friendly recipe of Chocolate chip-cranberry muffins has been created by the talented vibrant.baker
These muffins are delicious. They’re perfect for breakfast, as a snack, or as a dessert. They’re sweetened with coconut sugar, which lends the perfect touch of sweetness, and also their golden brown color. Since this recipe is vegan, coconut oil + rich coconut milk + apple cider vinegar play together to create a fluffy texture that remains moist for days after they’re baked. This recipe can also be made gluten free by using equal amounts all-purpose GF flour + 1 teaspoon xanthan gum.
Bake at: 350 degrees
Makes: 25-26 muffins
- 3 cups Organic flour, white or wheat
- One & 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons Baking soda
- A tablespoon Sea salt
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 3/4 cups coconut milk*
- A cup of coconut oil, melted
- Quarter of a cup Apple cider vinegar
- Half a tablespoon Vanilla
- One and a half cups non-dairy chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups Dried cranberries
5. Fill each cupcake mold two-thirds full with batter and place in the oven on the center rack. Bake 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of one of the cupcakes. Transfer to a cooling rack after letting them rest a few minutes, and allow to cool completely.
6. While your muffins are cooling, prepare the chocolate drizzle if using. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the coconut oil. Add in the chocolate chips and stir continuously until melted. Remove from heat.
Chocolate Chip-Cranberry Muffins article written by and all photos are copyright of vibrant.baker (Lisa Dickinson)