Today’s vegan friendly recipe of Chocolate chip-cranberry muffins has been created by the talented vibrant.baker
These muffins are delicious. They’re perfect for breakfast, as a snack, or as a dessert. They’re sweetened with coconut sugar, which lends the perfect touch of sweetness, and also their golden brown color. Since this recipe is vegan, coconut oil + rich coconut milk + apple cider vinegar play together to create a fluffy texture that remains moist for days after they’re baked. This recipe can also be made gluten free by using equal amounts all-purpose GF flour + 1 teaspoon xanthan gum.
Bake at: 350 degrees
Makes: 25-26 muffins
- 3 cups Organic flour, white or wheat
- 1 & 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons Baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Sea salt
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 3/4 cups coconut milk*
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups Dried cranberries
5. Fill each cupcake mold two-thirds full with batter and place in the oven on the center rack. Bake 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of one of the cupcakes. Transfer to a cooling rack after letting them rest a few minutes, and allow to cool completely.
6. While your muffins are cooling, prepare the chocolate drizzle if using. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the coconut oil. Add in the chocolate chips and stir continuously until melted. Remove from heat.
Article written by and all photos are copyright of vibrant.baker (Lisa Dickinson)