Today’s yummy recipe of Miss Yoga Chamomile Oat & Strawberry Ice Cream is brought to us by the creative fridaaholt.
For me there is no better feeling on a hot summer’s day than sitting back and enjoying a nice scoop of cold ice cream. Today I have created a very healthy ice cream with fibers and no sugars and incorporated the amazing Miss Yoga Chamomile herbal tea. I know you may think the Chamomile flavour is unusual in ice cream, but it somehow works incredibly well and looks amazing.
- 3 cups plant milk – I used Oat milk
- 3 bags of Tea and The Gang Miss Yoga Chamomile tea
- 10 medjool dates
- 1 ½ cups oats
- 2 cups halved and quartered strawberries
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
The day before:
- Place the bowl of your ice cream churner in the freezer the night before.
- In a medium-sized pot bring 3 cups plant milk to the boil with the 3 tea bags. Once it reaches a boil, turn off the heat and set the pot to the side. Leave the milk to cool to room temperature, then poor into a container, removing 2 of the tea bags, but leaving 1 in (if you’re a bit timid about the chamomile flavor, remove all 3), then set to cool overnight.
- Add the halved and quartered strawberries to a small bowl, sprinkle with the coconut sugar and coat evenly. Leave to macerate overnight.
To make the ice cream:
4. In a blender, simply blend the chamomile infused milk with the dates and oats. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and pour into your ice cream churner, following its instructions.
5. Once the ice cream has thickened in the churner and is about ready, add in the macerated strawberries, do not add in the liquid!
6. Scoop the ice cream into a freezer-safe container and freeze for a couple of hours.
7. Enjoy on a nice hot sunny day either in a bowl, or in a cone.
Chamomile Oat & Strawberry Ice Cream article written by and all photos are copyright of fridaaholt