Today’s yummy Cool Caribbean inspired recipe of Poached Apricots with Sweet Tea Syrup is brought to us by the creative fridaaholt.
With the end of the summer approaching I thought it was important to make this incredibly low-maintenance dessert, that not only looks impressive, but also tastes amazing!
The Mango and Pineapple Oolong tea syrup is a great compliment to the poached apricots and really adds that summer sweetness that one craves. This recipe is Vegan friendly and is a much healthier treat than many desserts out there. I hope you enjoy my creation 🙂
- 1 cup boiled water
- ½ coconut syrup (or other natural sweetener)
- 3 bags of Tea and The Gang’s Cool Caribbean Oolong Tea
- 6 apricots, halved with pips removed
- Full-fat Coconut Milk
- Toasted Coconut
- Pour 1 cup boiled water into a large, wide-bottomed pan (that can fit all the halved apricots in a single layer). Once the water has cooled down to around 80 degrees, add in the 3 tea-bags and seep for 5 minutes. Discard the teabags.
- Add in the coconut syrup and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, once boiling gently place in all the apricot, with the cut-side facing down. Cooking times depends on the ripeness of the fruit, but it should take about 5 minutes. Once the apricots are soft, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon – don’t leave them in for too long or they will turn mushy.
- Leave the poaching liquid on the stove and reduce to a thick syrup.
4. Add a few tablespoons of rich coconut milk to 4 bowls, place 3 apricot halves on top, drizzle with the tea syrup and more coconut milk. Garnish with crunchy, toasted coconut flakes and a sprig of mint.
Poached Apricots with Sweet Tea Syrup article written by and all photos are copyright of fridaaholt