Today’s ‘The Bandit’ chocolate and orange inspired recipe of Chocolate & Orange Brownies is brought to us by the amazing vanvanblabla
Chocolate and orange there is no better combination. Chocolate can raise our serotonin level, why we often feel relaxed and happy after eating a piece of dark chocolate and orange contains a lot of vitamin C, which our body cannot produce. Vitamin C has several benefits like boosting our immune system, improving iron absorption, lowering hypertension, promoting wound healing etc. So why not combining both?
For these fudgy brownies, I used two types of chocolate. I always prefer darker chocolate, as it has much more health benefits than milk chocolate as you’ve read before. Nevertheless, you can just replace the dark chocolate by using more baking chocolate. Keep in mind, to increase the amount of sugar then.
Using orange juice this time, gives the brownies this kind of freshness. By adding ‘the Bandit’ teabags you got not only an amazing smell, but also a little extra kick. Definitely worth a try!
- 220g vegetable fat
- 55g of 85% dark cacao chocolate
- 170g baking/cooking chocolate
- 110g spelt flour
- 40g cacao powder
- juice + zest of 1 large orange
- 2 tea bags of ‘The Bandit – Chocolate and Orange Black Tea’
- 4 medium eggs
- 250 cane sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Heat together vegetable fat and both chocolates in a bain-marie. Let it cool down.
- Separately, heat orange juice with the two teabags and let it brew for 5 minutes. Remove teabags.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs with sugar using an electric mixer until volume has doubled.
- Sift spelt flour together with cacao powder over egg chocolate mixture. Fold in gently to not knock out the air.
- Pour in the cooled chocolate. Add orange juice tea mix and orange zest, combine carefully.
- Grease a 22x25cm baking tray with a baking spray and pour in the dough evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes and let it cool for another five minutes in the oven. Only then remove it from the oven and leave it in the tray to cool down completely before cutting it.
Chocolate & Orange Brownies article written by and all photos are copyright of vanvanblabla