Today’s ‘The Butler’ inspired recipe of Earl Grey Blackberry Muffins, are brought to us by the talented delight.fuel.
There is nothing better than enjoying a good cup of tea in the morning. I love to try different kinds of tea especially black teas. It is my absolute favourite. The hint of bergamot and lime that I tasted in the Butler is so bright and delicious, that I had to create a recipe with it. So I thought why not combine breakfast and black tea and make Earl Grey Blackberry Muffins. These tasty muffins are gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. They go perfectly with a nice cup of black tea and start your day off right. So here it is.
- 2 cups roasted almonds (ground finely in blender)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp of The Butler Earl Grey tea (chopped very finely or ground in blender)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries (roughly chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a muffin tin with 8 paper cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almonds, ground earl grey tea and baking soda.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs. Add in the coconut oil and maple and mix until well combined.
- Now add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Roughly chop the blackberries and fold into the batter.
5. Pour batter into the muffin paper cups. Fill the cups to the top and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Once the tops are golden brown take the muffins out and cool them on a rack.
6. Serve the warm muffins with a lovely cup of tea
Earl Grey Blackberry Muffins article written by and all photos are copyright of delight.fuel