Today’s recipe of The Bandit – Chocolate & orange muffins, with tea glaze is brought to us by claudisfoodworld
For the muffins (makes 8):
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp water)
- 150 wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 tbsp hemp flour (or even better spelt flour)
- 40 g coconut flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp coconut blossom sugar
- 2 bsp raw cacao powder
- zest from 1 untreated orange
- 250 ml chocolate and orange black tea
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- some chocolate drops
For the glaze:
- 170 g icing sugar
- 35 ml chocolate and orange black tea
1. Preheat your oven at 175 °.
2. At first make the chia egg from 1 tbsp chia seeds and 3 tbsp water. Stir well and set aside for five minutes.
3. Cook the tea according to the instructions on the package and let cool down a bit.
4. Mix all the dry ingredients (flours, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and cacao) in a bowl.
5. Add the orange zests, tea, apple sauce and the chia egg and mix until everything is combined.
6. Line your muffin tray with paper forms, then fill 2 tbsp of the batter in each mold. Put a few chocolate drops in the middle of the forms, then add the rest of the batter on top.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, turn off the heat and let the muffins in the oven for another 5 minutes. Let them completely cool
down, before you make the glaze.
8. For the glaze mix icing sugar with cooled down tea and stir until everything is smooth. Then drizzel on top of your muffins. Decorate with grated chocolate and orange zests.
9. Enjoy these The Bandit – Chocolate & orange muffins! 🙂
The Bandit – Chocolate & orange muffins article written by and all photos are copyright of claudisfoodworld