Today’s vegan summer recipe of Layered banana and strawberry summer smoothie is by our guest blogger Mabananja.
This recipe is so simple to make at home and is the perfect cool refreshment during these hot summer days. The classic super healthy smoothie contains natural sugars and takes no time to whip up in the kitchen, meaning you do not miss any of the beautiful sunshine!
Now for the healthy stuff, strawberries and bananas have a whole host of nutritional benefits. The bananas contain lots of fibre which helps with your digestion, they are also high in potassium. Strawberries are thought to promote good eyesight and can reduce the risk of arthritis, due to the large amounts of antioxidants they contain. This smoothie also contains folic acid and makes this smoothie super healthy for pregnant women.
- 4 table spoons of Oats
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups ice (optional)
- 100 ml oat milk (or any other vegan “milk”)
- some strawberries
- for the topping: fruits and chia seeds
1. Take the oats and put in the bottom of your glass and add a small amount of strawberries at the bottom of the glass and any other fruit you have chosen. (I love sliced Kiwi)
2. Peel three bananas and blend them together with the oat milk and ice (optional) in a mixer.
3. Fill your glasses half way with the blended milk and banana.
4. Use the remaining banana and milk, add the rest of the strawberries and blend together again
5. Pour the strawberry and banana milk just below the top of the glasses.
6. Decorate the smoothie with the treats you like (I used nectarine slices, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi and chia seeds)
Article written by Mabananja.
All photos are copyright of Mabananja.