Today’s recipe of Vegan berry cheese comes from the creative mind of veganfoodblogveda.
When I meet new people and they hear I am vegan the first thing they ask “How you can live without cheese?” You will be very surprised how easy your cheese craving can be satisfied. You don’t need any animal products to cook delicious and nutritious “cheese”. With only 7 ingredients and a bit of magic and you can enjoy your very own berry cheese.
- 1 ½ cup cashews
- A Third cup fresh lingonberry or cranberry juice (juice of 1 cup fresh or frozen berries)
- Half a cup fresh lemon juice (juice of 2-3 lemons)
- 1 clove of garlic
- A Third tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp nutrition yeast
- 1/3 cup berries
1. Cover cashews with water and let soak overnight in the fridge
2. Drain and rinse cashews
3. Put all ingredients besides 1/3 cup berries in your food processor or blender and process untill smooth
4. Add carefully berries and mix
5. Place mixture into a strainer lined with cheese cloth
6. Gather the edges of the cheese cloth together and give a slight squeeze to form cheese ball
7. Place in a fridge for 10-12 hours
8. Gently remove cheese cloth
9. Enjoy with a lovely cup of tea
Vegan berry cheese article written by veganfoodblogveda
All photos are copyright of veganfoodblogveda
If you are looking for a lovely cup of tea to compliment this recipe, why not try a cup of our Fruity cupid herbal tea – The Matchmaker, not only does it taste amazing, it is also caffeine free!