Today’s healthy inspired recipe comes from vegetarian corinna_schober – Strawberry Semolina Quark Dumplings with an almond crust.
Being a vegetarian with a big passion for healthy and vegan food I am often asked; how I can renounce on so many delicious foods? e.g. cakes, ice cream, pasta, chocolate. But do you know what? – I do not renounce on anything, I just cook healthy versions which avoid sugar, wheat flour and any other finished products. A lot of people think this can’t taste delightful, but everybody I let to try my food is totaly amazed by it. My latest creation is these healthy STRAWBERRY SEMOLINA QUARK DUMPLINGS WITH AN ALMOND CRUST and I really would love to share this recipe with you guys!!
These dumplings are free from refined sugar, wheat flour, low in calories and full of essential nutrients. So why not give them a try – I promise you will love them!!
- 250 g Quark
- 100 g spelt semolina
- 3 tbsp. Xylit
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Bourbon vanilla
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla pudding powder
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 8 strawberries
- 30 g grounded almonds
- 10 g Xylit
- First mix all ingredients for the dough with a spoon in a bowl, then put the dough into the fridge for around 20 minutes.
- Now form 8 round small patties by hand and place a strawberry in the middle. Form the patties into dumplings.
- Boil water and cook the dumplings for about 7-10 minutes.
- Whilst the dumplings are cooking, mix the grounded almonds with the sugar (Xylit) and roast it for few minutes in a cooking pan.
- As soon the dumplings are finished, roll them in the almond-sugar mix.
Article written by corinna_schober
All photos are copyright of corinna_schober