Today’s recipe of Chocolate chip, Almond & Coconut cookies by balancedwithbananas not only look amazing but they are a guilt free indulgence
I wish these cookies would last longer than a day whenever I make them, but sadly, they always disappear way too fast. But as they’re vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free, I never feel that guilty about gobbling them all up. These cookies are super chewy and chocolatey on the inside and golden and crunchy on the outside, and packed full of healthy superfood deliciousness like chia seeds and coconut. Perfect for a snack, a post-workout boost, with a cup of tea or just whenever the cookie cravings hit you!
(Makes about 15)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup chopped vegan chocolate
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup brown, or coconut sugar
- 1 flax/chia egg (1tbsp chia seeds or flaxseed + 3tbsp water)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- A Pinch of salt
1. Combine almond meal, flours, chocolate, coconut, baking powder, sugar and pinch of salt in a large mixing bowl. In a separate small bowl, combine chia seeds or flaxseed with 3 tbsp water and let sit for 5 minutes, then stir the egg until it reaches a thick gel consistency. Add melted coconut oil and vanilla to the egg, and whisk to combine, then pour into dry mixture and stir until a crumbly cookie dough forms.
2. Gently knead cookie dough on a lightly floured surface until the dough combines a little. Replace in mixing bowl, cover and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease or line a baking tray (you may need two, if you have them). Shape dough into 1 inch balls, space out on trays and flatten slightly. Bake for 15 minutes until the cookies turn golden brown. Then try to wait for them to cool, which I failed at, and eat ’em up!
4. Enjoy with a nice cup of tea and a good book!
Article written by and all photos are copyright of balancedwithbananas