Today’s recipe of Coconut & Almond Date Rolls are brought to us by creative vegan addictedtodates
These delicate dreamy bites are light yet filling. Perfect as post workout fuel, or a pick me up during the workng day, with a cup of tea or coffee. I love to take them with me to work or on long roadtrips to keep hunger at bay. They are free from refined sugars and all animal products making them truely guilt free. Cake-y little bites of heaven!
Made with only 5 ingredients, they are simple to make and nutritionaly balanced. Almonds are full of healthy fats and protein and they also help control blood sugar levels. Dried dates are a powerhouse of vitamins, minerals and fibre. And coconut, being high in minerals such as magnesium and iron, it also contributes to healthy connective tissue and brain function.
The following recipe makes between 35-40 rolls. So feel free to half or double the recipe to suit. They are very moreish though, and last in the fridge for a few days in an airtight container. So maybe don’t half the recipe… You’ll thank me later 😉
- 250g Shredded coconut (hold aside 50g for rolling)
- 500g Dates
- 100g Oat flakes
- 2 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
I used dried deglet dates. Medjouls are amazing in this recipe if you can get your hands on them.
1. Soak the dried dates in water for 2 hours. If you are using fresh dates there is no need to pre-soak them.
3. Add the oat flakes and almond butter to the processor and continue to blend until the mixture comes together like a dough. Depending on the moisture content of the dates you use, if the mix is a bit dry just add a little water, or if its too sticky add a little more oats. The consistency should be like a cookie dough, firm and not too sticky.
4. Pour the remaining shredded coconut onto a large plate.
5. Roll the mixture into little balls using the palm of your hands in a circular motion.
6. Roll the balls on the plate until coated with a thin layer of the coconut shreds
7. Serve with a nice cuppa and enjoy!
Tip: If you are taking these to the office bring enough to share. Your colleagues will love you 🙂
Coconut & Almond Date Rolls article written by and all photos are copyright of addictedtodates