Today’s recipe for Vegan Pomegranate & Chocolate Mousse Tart is brought to us by the talented amyleeactive
This moorish tart is the perfect healthy dinner party dessert. Pomegranates have anti-inflammatory properties, help lower blood pressure and have also been linked to cancer prevention. The pomegranates and chocolate in this tart mean that it is packed with antioxidants. There is no excuse not to make it for your next big occasion!
- 100g dessicated coconut
- 60g rolled oats
- 30g raw cacao powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 85g maple syrup
- 140g pitted dates
- Add the pitted dates and process until the dates are finely chopped and the mixture starts to clump.
- Press crust into the bottom and sides of a bread or cake tin and leave in the freezer to firm, while you prepare the mousse. The crust should be fairly thick.
4. Bring the coconut milk and coconut oil to a boil in a small pot.
As soon as it boils, turn heat to low and whisk in the chocolate.
5. Turn off heat and whisk in the protein powder, cacao powder, syrup, stevia and vanilla then let cool for 10 minutes.
6. Once cool, stir in the pomegranate and then pour the chocolate mousse filling evenly over the firm crust.
7. Top with pomegranate and rose petals and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours until the mousse is firm.