Today’s recipe of individual chocolate cheesecakes is brought to us by morningti.
These rich, no bake cheesecakes are free of refined sugars, full of healthy fats, protein and will satisfy any sweet tooth. Sweetened with agave, they provide the same satisfaction without the sugar rush. Cashews make up the bulk of this recipe – they have been shown to diminish the frequency of migraines, lower blood pressure and protect against disease. The addition of coconut cream makes this recipe deliciously dairy free and full of iron, calcium and magnesium. You can enjoy these cheesecakes knowing that they have major health benefits as well as packing great flavour into each serving.
- One cup of dried, pitted dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 cups cashews, soaked in water overnight
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅔ cup full fat coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- ½ cup agave or maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. Soak the cashews in water overnight before blending. Alternately, boil the cashews in water over a medium to high stovetop for 30 mins or until tender all the way through.
2. Refrigerate the coconut cream overnight (or in the freezer for no longer than 1 hour). Open can and scrape coconut fat from the top, being careful to avoid adding any coconut water into the food processor.
1. Add dates, almonds and cocoa powder to food processor. Blend until a crumbly mixture forms. Press mixture into individual tart pans.
2. Add remaining ingredients to the food processor and blend, being sure to scrape around the sides every so often.
3. Once the filling is uniform in colour and smooth in texture, pour into the tart pans and refrigerate until firm.
Article written by and all photos are copyright of morningti