We have all grown up on enjoying the big branded chocolate bars, but what if we could make a healthy option at home that tastes just as good? Well now you can and today’s recipe of homemade bounty bars only has 5 ingredients, brought to us by myyummyspatula.
My Yummy Spatula is my creative space to experiment and play around with flavours. I believe in eating right and healthy, and I believe in desserts. Which is why, I love experimenting and try to create healthy desserts, which are just as good (even better), without comprising on anything! Healthy sure does taste amazing! I hope you enjoy my 5 ingredient homemade bounty bars, they are easy to make and taste great and best yet they are super healthy.
- 150 gms desiccated coconut
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 60 gms organic honey
- 250 gms good quality organic dark chocolate
- For vegan option, you can use maple syrup in 1:1 substitution.
- Line a square tray with cling film wrap. Keep aside.
- In a large saucepan, mix together the coconut, coconut milk, coconut oil and honey and place it over low heat. Let the mixture cook for about 3-6 mins, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Keep an eye on it so as to prevent the coconut from burning. Remove from heat and fill the lined tray with the mixture. Evenly spread out the mixture and press down to make it compact. Cover with cling film and freeze for 2-3 hours or overnight. (I usually like to make them in the evening and freeze overnight)
- Cut them into slices and put them back in the freezer until you melt the chocolate for coating. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler. Spread a generous layer of chocolate on the bottom of the bars and let them cool until the chocolate hardens. This should take only 2 mins as the bars are freezing cold. Place the bounty bars on a wire rack and pour the remaining chocolate over the bars to coat properly. Even out with a palette knife, if required. Freeze for another hour or until use.
Article written by and all photos are copyright of myyummyspatula