This recipe of Banana Walnut bread is brought to us by elleshungry
This banana bread is absolutely bedazzled with walnuts. In other words, I dare you to not fall in love with it upon first bite! With 3 bananas included means this is totally an appropriate breakfast food! Don’t you like how my mind works?
I know, I know everyone says their banana bread is the best, but I’m here to set the record straight. THIS is the best banana bread recipe. I actually buy large amounts of bananas to sit and turn an ugly shade of brown in my fruit bowl just so I can make this!
You’ll find yourself sitting in your kitchen, drumming your fingertips on the counter begging your bananas to ripen so that you can make a loaf. Yes, it really is that good.
This Miss Yoga – Chamomile herbal tea was the perfect accompaniment, it helped me unwind with the relaxing blend of heavenly chamomile and blissful lavender. You have to try their teas…. they are incredibly aromatic and the taste is superb!
- 3 bananas ripe & mashed
- 50g butter melted
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- One egg beaten
- A tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Quarter tsp salt
- One and a half cups of flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
1. Preheat oven 170°
2. In a large bowl mix butter into the mashed bananas, using wooden spoon. Then mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
3. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix just enough to blend the ingredients. No need to overmix as the lumps will work themselves out ????
4. Add chopped walnuts to the batter and mix them in to distribute evenly through the batter.
5. Butter a loaf pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper, butter the parchment paper too
6. Pour the batter in the pan. Bake for 30-35m. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve. DONE!
Enjoy this Banana Walnut Bread with a lovely cup of tea
Article written by and all photos are copyright of elleshungry