Today’s recipe of The Bandit – Chocolate Orange upside down cake is brought to us by thesaa.rahproject
I recently shared my recipe of Chocolate Orange Bliss Balls, that were also delicious by the way 🙂 Today I am sharing another Chocolate Orange recipe which is my upside down cake. This cake is perfect for this time of year and really takes care of any sweet cravings that you might have. I really recommend trying this recipe and I hope you enjoy this upside down cake as much as I did.
- 2 tea bags (take the paper tags off)
- 3 whole oranges, washed
- 100g 90% chocolate, broken into smaller pieces
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 cups almond meal
- 1 tsp baking power
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- Eggs x 4
- 1 tbsp honey
- In a pot place 2 oranges and 2 tea bags and fill with water until the oranges are covered. Put the lid on and poach on a medium to low heat for 30mins.
2. Set oven to 180 deg.
3. Once cooked, let cool for 5-10mins. Chop up cooked oranges up into chunks (get rid of any pips and green bits).
4. Pop in a food processor and add in the chocolate (if the oranges are still hot they will melt the chocolate.) and coconut sugar. Blend until completely smooth.
5. Add in the almond meal, baking powder and eggs and blend again until completely mixed.
6. Slice the remaining (uncooked) orange into thin rounds and arrange at the bottom of a lined 20cm round cake tin. Melt honey and pour over the orange slices in the cake tin. Pour over the cake mix and bake for 1 hour and 10 mins.
7. Carefully flip the cake over onto an oven tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with honey and bake for a further 20mins, until the oranges on top are a little more dehydrated.
8. Let the cake cool down completely and serve on its own or with coconut yogurt.
9. Enjoy this The Bandit – Chocolate Orange upside down cake.
Article written by and all photos are copyright of thesaa.rahproject