Today’s recipe of Strawberry Champagne Mini teacakes is brought to us by lissarottiers
For Valentine I had some nice goodies in stock. Everyone who knows me knows that I am a real tea addict and drinking up to 10 bags of tea a day is not uncommon for me. Drinking a cup of tea together with someone and a delicious cookie, or cupcakes is really a loving moment. That’s what Valentine is all about, isn’t it?
You don’t just have to share a loving moment with your hubby, you can do that with anyone! During this tea party we keep it very simple with tasty mini cakes and an assortment of tasty tea where “The Romantic” from Tea and The Gang steals the show! These cakes are simple to make and ready in just an hour, so you can make them perfect just before your hubby comes home. Prepare the cakes on a nice plate, prepare a delicious assortment of tea and finish with some nice teacups, extra cookies and some fresh fruit.
For about 25 small cupcakes
- 125 grams of flour
- 125 grams of butter
- 2 eggs
- 125 grams of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 tea bags of The Romantic Strawberry Champagne white tea from Tea And The Gang
- A cup of warm water
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° C.
- Soak the 3 tea bags for 10 minutes in warm water so that you get a strong tea.
- Combine the flour, butter, sugar, eggs, baking powder and 2 tablespoons of tea water in a bowl and mix to a nice batter.
- Divide the batter over small cake cases or opt for a baking tin. I used this from Nordic Ware.
- Place the cakes in an oven at 170 ° C for 12-15 minutes and let them cool completely.
- The cakes have a subtle fruit taste due to the addition of the tea water! Would you still like a little extra? Then finish with some dark melted chocolate!
Choosing the right tea is essential with a tea party! Do not choose the basic “supermarket” tea products, but choose a brand that pays a lot of attention to the quality of the tea. Recently I got to know the English tea brand Tea And The Gang. Their tea bags and boxes not only look very nice, but they also guarantee the best quality tea. Their flavours are incredibly delicious and very unique. In addition, the tea bags are also completely biodegradable, so you can just throw them on the compost heap! We kept it nice and romantic for this tea party with “The Romantic” tea. A white tea with Strawberry Champagne flavour.
In addition to many delicious tea blends, Tea and the gang also have 2 matcha blends that I love: Ceremonial grade Matcha and a matcha with chocolate and caramel flavour.
My personal favourites are:
The Heroine – Chocolate and Caramel matcha
Miss Yoga – Chamomile herbal tea
The Master – Mao Feng Green tea
The Romantic – Strawberry Champagne white tea
The Viking – Liquorice Digestif Pu’erh Tea