In this recipe we will show you how to make the perfect chai latte at home, using our Mrs Agra chai black tea, so lets get cracking and re-create this beautiful, aromatic drink.
The Chai latte has been a popular menu choice at cafes for a long time, but did you know it is so simple to make at home and the best part is you can control the amount of sugar/sweetness that goes into your latte, as you might be shocked by how much sugar can end up in your chai latte at one of the major cafe chains.
The chai latte originates from India and is often served by many individual chaiwallahs.
Chai tea is often referred to as a Masala chai, which is a mixture of black tea and Indian spices.
What you will need:
- 1 x Mrs Agra teabag, or 2.5 grams of loose leaf tea (with tea infuser, if using loose leaf)
- 100ml of boiling hot water
- 200ml of your milk of choice
- Cinnamon powder
- Honey (Or alternative sweetener)
What to do:
1. Brew your Mrs Agra black tea in the boiling hot water for at least 5 minutes (you can leave longer if you want a stronger brew)
2. Add 1-2 teaspoons of honey to 200ml of milk, gently heating the milk and frothing, using a whisk.
3. Add the 200ml milk to your tea, stirring the milk as you pour it, you want to get a nice amount of frothy milk on the top for the topping.
4. Sprinkle with a small amount of cinnamon.
5. Sit back and enjoy!
We have shown you how to make the perfect chai latte, but if you fancy making this recipe at home, you can pick up a box of Mrs Agra – Chai black tea in our store today.
Photo credit to: @maymafood