Today’s recipe of Apple & Lavender Challah is brought to use by the amazing @wiktoriagralka
2 tsp dry yeast
220 ml warm water
500g bread flour plus more for dusting
4 tbsp Tea and The Gang’s The Hippie Signature Drink
2/3 tsp salt
120 ml vegetable oil
1 tbsp water
1. Into a bowl, add water and sprinkle in the yeast. Stir to dissolve the yeast and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
2. Whisk together the rest of the challah ingredients with a standing mixer. Knead the dough on medium speed with a dough hook for about 8 minutes or until you have a smooth dough.
3. Place the dough into a large oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let the dough rise at room temperature until doubled in size.
4. Divide dough into 5 pieces, and roll into long ropes using a generous amount of flour on the board and your hands. Then braid your challah however you desire.
5. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, cover loosely with a towel and let rise for about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 180°C. Beat the egg white and water in a small bowl. Brush the loaf with egg wash.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden. If it starts browning the top, cover with aluminum foil.