Chocolate & Mint Mousse
- 4 large eggs
- 170g bittersweet chocolate, chopped or broken up
- 170g unsalted butter, cubed
- 60ml intense & hot Tea & The Gang Chocolate and Mint Mate
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp granulated sugar, divided
- Mascarpone cheese
- Cocoa Powder
- Chocolate Bits
- In a medium heat-proof bowl, combine chopped chocolate, butter, and tea. Heat a medium saucepan with small amount of water to a boil. Place your bowl with chocolate over a saucepan of simmering water so the bowl sits over the steam and it is not touching the water. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Separate eggs and put 4 yolks in a large heat-proof bowl along with 100g sugar. Whisk to combine. Place bowl over the saucepan of boiling water, and whisk until thickened, hot to the touch and lightened in color. It takes around 5 minutes. Remove from heat and using a spatula stir chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until completely incorporated.
- Place 4 egg whites in a third medium bowl and beat until foamy with a hand mixer. Gradually add 1 tbsp of sugar and continue beating until medium peaks form. Fold egg whites into the batter one third at a time, making sure they are incorporated between each addition. Once all egg whites are in, and mousse is smooth and even in color stop folding.
- Divide mousse between 8 small ramekins or bowls, cover and refrigerate at least for 3 hours before serving. You can make this recipe in advance it will stay good for 2-3 days in the fridge.
- Once ready to serve decorate with mascarpone cheese and some cocoa powder. Optional: you can shave some bits of the chocolate with vegetable peeler.
You can find new and exclusive teas like this Chocolate & Mint Mate tea in our VIP subscription club
Recipe created by the amazing @wiktoriagralka