Today’s recipe of Strawberry Daiquiri Chocolate Cake is brought to use by the amazing @wiktoriagralka
- 315 g unbleached all-purpose flour
- 95 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 150 ml vegetable oil
- 400 g granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 360 ml whole milk room temperature
- 240 ml hot Tea & The Gang Strawberry Daiquiri
- 100 g dark chocolate 70%, chopped
- 150 g softened butter
- 120 g powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream
Baking the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 175°C with a rack in the centre position. Grease and flour two 10-inch cake pans and set aside
- Sift together dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together oil and sugar for 2 minutes. With the mixer on, add the eggs, egg yolk and vanilla. Make sure to scrape the sides.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the flour mixture in three batches, alternating with the milk. Stop the mixer and scrape down the bowl. With the mixer on low, stream in the tea. Mix on medium-low for no more than 30 seconds, or until combined.
- Evenly divide the batter among the prepared pans. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let them cool on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes before removing the cakes from their pans. Allow to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate and set it aside to cool to room temperature.
- Beat butter, powdered sugar and cocoa powder with a hand mixer until pale and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the cooled, melted chocolate and beat until smooth.
- Add the heavy cream and beat until light and smooth.
- Dollop the frosting over the cooled cake and swirl it with a spoon or offset spatula.