Today’s high protein recipe is brought to us by omnomnom_knusper
For me, this is the best protein cake recipe I know!
I decided to create a version with vanilla and chocolate dough and added cherries to this. It is however so easy to adjust the ingredients and come up with a very different cake. If you prefer not to use cherries, you can add nuts, apple bites, chocolate chips or really anything else you prefer. Of course you can also make a cake with 100% chocolate dough, or 100% vanilla dough. You can use peanut butter or cashew butter instead of almond butter. You can make a vegan version with sweet lupin or almond yogurt instead of natural yogurt, bananas instead of eggs and a vegan protein powder (I personally prefer to use almond flour, which is also high in protein and not rice protein, because rice protein can change the consistency).
Feel free to be creative with this recipe and no matter what it will taste amazing and will be packed with protein!
- 120g spelt flour,
- 60g coconut flour,
- 45g protein powder,
- sweetener of choice (I used 50g Erythritol),
- 3 large eggs,
- 300g lowfat yoghurt,
- 45g almond butter,
- 15g baking powder,
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon,
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract,
- 30g cocoa powder,
1. Mix all the dry ingredients except the cocoa powder and cinnamon
2. Mix all the wet ingredients except the cherries and vanilla extract
3. Mix the two mixtures
4. Put one half of the dough in another bowl and add the cocoa powder and cinnamon.
If the dough gets too firm, add some almond milk (or milk, or any other milk substitute. Even water works).
5. Pit the cherries and put the vanilla extract and the cherries in the other half of the dough.
6. Preheat the oven: 170°C
8. Bake until the vanilla dough is golden brown. (about 30 mins).
9. Get creative with your cake! Add bananas, almondbutter, powdered sugar or anything else on top!
10. Enjoy and get: 1558 kcal, 118g protein, 117g carbs and 58g fat.
Article written by omnomnom_knusper
All photos are copyright of omnomnom_knusper