This recipe of The Hipster – BERRY RICOTTA CAKE cake is brought to us by my_tasty_stories
This week I found some time to go to the farm to pick some flowers and berries that I really love, especially black raspberries and red currants.
I wish we had white currants here in Colorado too.. So today my morning started with a nice cup of hot brewed tea with a raspberry and mint aroma. I mean, this smells so good and it’s amazingly delicious. If you are tea lover too, you definitely need to try ‘The Hipster’ tea from The Tea and Gang-
I had an idea to create something really delicious using this tea. I had some ricotta leftover in my fridge and I wanted to use in some cake or muffins. And as you remember I picked some really beautiful berries, so it was decided to make a berry ricotta cake with raspberry and mint tea. It’s already sounds good, right?! But it tastes even better!! Such a fluffy texture and a perfect sweet summer dessert!
I have never made ricotta cake before and I really wasn’t sure what it’s gonna tastes like. I was worried about the texture a little bit too. So I made a risk and used all of my ricotta for the cake. And it turned out to my favorite cake ever!
I honestly can’t wait for the morning when I just can’t resist it, haha 🙂 I can’t wait to make a tea or coffee and eat a piece… or maybe two pieces of this delicious cake. With all of my heart I want you to make it as soon as you can and surprise your friends and family because it’s amazing, it’s very easy to make and it’s smells like Summer.
Makes one 9″ or 10″ cake
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 5 oz raspberries and blackberries
- 2 bags of The Hipster tea for ¾ cup water, brewed
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Grease the cake pan with butter and sprinkle some turbinado sugar on the bottom and sides of the pan.
- In a stand mixer on a medium high speed beat the room temperature butter with brown sugar until pale and frothy, for about 2 minutes. Increase the speed into a “high” and add the eggs one a time and beat the mixture for another 2 minutes. Add the the ricotta cheese and mix until combined and fluffy.
3. In a medium mixing bowl combine flour and baking powder and stir in the ricotta batter along with hot brewed tea. Mix the batter until the ingredients incorporated evenly, for about 10 seconds.
4. Add the berries to the batter and using the spatula carefully mix until combined.
5. Place the batter into to the prepared baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the toothpick is clear. Cold down completely on a wire rack before serving.
The Hipster – BERRY RICOTTA CAKE article written by and all photos are copyright of my_tasty_stories
WANT TO TRY RE-CREATING THIS RECIPE AT HOME?
Why not try our amazing The Hipster Raspberry and mint tea for yourself.