Today’s recipe is brought to us by recipe creator and food blogger paleblueplate
These on-the-go granola bars are a fantastic afternoon pick-me-up snack to satisfy that afternoon sweet tooth and give you a buzz of energy! Alternatively, these are perfect for breakfast, as they can be stored freshly in the freezer to reach out on those rushed mornings where you simply don’t have time for your usual ‘avo on toast’. Not only are these created using healthy unrefined sugars, but they are also infused with the the wonderful aromatic chai spices provided by the Mrs Agra “tea and the gang” tea bag. This recipe has used a mixture of seeds, such as sesame, sunflower and pumpkin, in addition to walnuts and flaked almonds. Try out a combination of your favourite seeds and nuts (but still sticking to the measurements) to make your very own personalised granola bars.
- 135g rolled oats
- 50g mixed seeds
- 30g walnuts (chopped)
- 30g flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp honey
- 100g pitted dates
- 20g dried cranberries & raisins
- 1 bag of Mrs. Agra Chai Tea (Tea and The Gang)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Scatter the oats onto a baking tray and bake for 15-18 minutes until slightly golden.
3. In the meantime, blitz the dates in a food processor so a sticky ball forms.
4. Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl, including the baked oats, with the blitzed dates and honey. Tear open the tea bag and sprinkle it into the mixture. Using your hands mix all the ingredients together so everything is well combined.
5. Get a small baking tray and squish the mixture into the dish. Make sure to press down hard, as this ensures the bars do not crumble once they have set. Then place the tray in the freezer for 30 minutes.
6. Remove the tray and using a sharp knife, cut into equal rectangular slices. Place them into an airtight container and leave them in the freezer to keep them fresh and easy to grab on the go!
7. Enjoy with a lovely cup of Mrs Agra chai tea!
Article written by and all photos are copyright of paleblueplate