Today’s Mrs Agra inspired recipe of Chai tea muffins is brought to us by nosolocomida
I’m crazy about teas and I drink 2 or 3 cups a day, I love how it makes me feel, it gives me energy and they also relax me as well. When I was challenged to make a recipe with one of Tea and the gang’s teas I was super excited and I thought these Mrs Agra chai muffins would make the perfect comfort food, as we head towards the cold months. I hope you enjoy!
- Brew 80g of chai tea from “The Tea and The Gang” (1 bag + 80g of water)
- 90g of panela
- 2 medium eggs
- 55g wheat flour
- 50g whole flour
- 75g of butter
- 5-6g of royal yeast (chemical booster)
- Brown sugar to decorate
- Baking mold for making muffins
- 24 disposable muffin papers
- We prepare the tea by boiling water and infusing a tea bag in 80 grams of water at 90-100 degrees centigrade for 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and let it temper.
- Beat the eggs and sugar for several minutes to add air to the mixture and, so we can have a fluffy muffins.
- Add the tea and butter to the egg and sugar mixture and beat until everything is well incorporated.
- Add the flours and the yeast and beat until there is a complete mixture.
- With the help of a spoon we fill the disposable muffin papers placed on the oven proof molds and incorporate the same amount on all. Approximately you have to fill up to 2/3 of the capacity of the mold because then it will grow and you do not want it to overflow. I use two papers per cupcake to make it look more beautiful, since the one that is in contact with the dough is wet.
- You can then bake in a preheated fan oven at 180ºC for 18-20 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. The cooking time will depend on the size of the muffins.
- Enjoy with a lovely cup of tea 🙂
Article written by and all photos are copyright of nosolocomida
WANT TO TRY RE-CREATING THIS RECIPE AT HOME?
Why not try our amazing Mrs Agra for yourself!